Patient Care of Implants
We have just completed the prosthesis for your oral implants. Such implants have been placed successfully for over many years. The following information will be interesting and useful for you relative to future expectations for your implants and the prosthesis place on them.
Acceptance of dental implants by bone and gum tissue has been excellent, however some few implants fail. Also, the prosthesis that have been placed over them are subject to wear and/or breakage. Any of the following conditions that occur require your immediate attention. Please contact us if any of the conditions below occur:
- Feeling of looseness
- Clicking or metallic snap while eating
- Breakage of a piece of the prosthesis
- Redness in the gum tissue around the implant
- Feeling of the bite being different
We have done our best to provide you with the highest quality service available. The continuing success of the implant and prosthesis is up to you. Please do the following:
- Visit us for examination, and scaling, and polishing at least once every __ months.
- Clean the implant daily, especially before bedtime, using:
- Bridge cleaner
- Interplak mechanical toothbrush
Your failure to accomplish thorough cleaning of the implant prosthesis daily will compromise its longevity significantly. We expect years of service from this therapy.